Cross (destroyed): OS Grid Reference – SO 559 047
Archaeology & History
At the church of St. Mary at the northern end of the village, Charles Pooley’s (1868) county survey told that,
“There was formerly a Cross in the churchyard near the south porch, but it was removed in the year 1830, when the new tower was built.”
It would seem there is no longer any trace of the monument.
- Pooley, Charles, Notes on the Old Crosses of Gloucestershire, Longmans Green: London 1868.
© Paul Bennett, The Northern Antiquarian