Cross (destroyed): OS Grid Reference – SP 001 199
Archaeology & History
In Charles Pooley’s (1868) definitive history on the county crosses, this monument is mentioned in passing without any known history, apart form it been destroyed sometime in the early 19th century:
“A cross formerly stood in the churchyard, but it has been removed within living memory.”
- Pooley, Charles, Notes on the Old Crosses of Gloucestershire, Longmans Green: London 1868.
© Paul Bennett, The Northern Antiquarian